Monday, March 21, 2005

Look out Denver...I'm coming back!

After what appears to be the worst birthday week ever (now there's a show for VH1), I had a meeting with my mentor on Saturday. Let me back up...you'll need a back story on this.

My friends are planting a church in Denver. When Nick and the first crew left a year ago, I resisted going, simply because I didn't have a pay check to go. Then I went in September. And I loved it. I loved the people from Iowa, I loved the concept of the church, I fell in love with the town...how could you not?

Well, after receiving the news from Young Life, I had to sit down and process through everything. And I called Nick to let him know that I wouldn't becoming to the retreat the first weekend in April. He pushed back on me, and I told him that I would have to process it with my mentor and get back to him on Sunday. Which is where my mentor comes in on Saturday. She did a fantastic job (like usual) of speaking truth into my life and reassuring me that the ministry aspect of the past three years weren't done in vain. And we talked about what Denver would mean to me if I did go. To go, simply listen, observe, and surrender Denver as a whole. So, today, I booked a ticket with $241 that I don't have. I'm waiting for God to show up with it (and by it, the money) in some fashion that just knocks me off my rocker. But I need to get away. To sit in community and receive. And I need to figure out how I'm going to get to the airport on Thursday afternoon. But I'm ready to go and sit in the presence of the Trinity and see what they have to say to me about my future past June 11th.

No comments: