Sunday, March 06, 2005

It's Nights Like Last Night that Make Me Want to Stay...

I traveled into the city last night to celebrate my friend Mike’s birthday (Happy Birthday by the way). We started off at this great wine bar, and friends, let me tell you, if you want a good, romantic, fantastic view of the city, then this is the place to go. You can sit on couches, hold a conversation and still have a fantastic time…it’s worth the trip into the city. We had a great time and once Erin and I found something to talk about (because according to Mike, we were unable to have any conversations on our own), it was smooth sailing. With about 15 people, a couple of bottles of great wine, some good moldy cheese, we were ready to move to another scene.

We ended up here, which was great…we were able to have a couple of drinks, some good dance tunes and tons of pictures. We laughed at the white guys who cannot dance and then I realized it was 2 am. After saying good-bye to everyone and watching Kate and Erin get into their cabs, Mike and I walked down to here and ate a good polish dog, only after being yelled at (because that’s what they do here). I drove home and crashed into bed by 3:15.

I had a fantastic time. I laughed, met new people, drank fantastic wine, danced and realized that I really do love this city. It’s moment like these that I realize I don’t want to leave, that I can’t imagine not having this city at my finger tips and don’t know if I’ll ever live in another city like this…so, thank you Mike for giving me a couple of reasons to stay…it just makes the decision harder!

No comments: