Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Happy Birthday to me!

Yes, friends, the official 25th Birthday is today. I can't believe it...25 years old! And if I'm honest, this isn't where I thought I would be by 25. By 25, I imagined my life would look slightly different. Married, a child, living in Kansas City, with a dog. Nope, nope, nope, nope. Funny how life takes you down one path and then changes it completely. But I'm content entering my 25th year. Sure, I wish the week would have started differently, but who's to say that it won't change completely soon?

My friend Andy asked me at my party on Friday when was the last time I cried at a birthday. And I honestly couldn't think of a time until this morning after I finished working out (thank you bootcamp class at 6 am). It was my 19th birthday and I was pseudo dating a guy name Aubrey. (I realize now that should have been my first clue this wasn't going to work). I actually found him making out at KJ's (now I really do miss that place) with some random girl. That birthday sucked...

As for my best birthday, I had to think about that one for a while too. Since it's March, it typically fell over Spring Break. I had to figure out a way to celebrate it before or after. In high school, it was spent on the slopes in Colorado. In college, 2 years were spent in Kansas City, 1 year was the Bahamas and 1 year in London. I think my London birthday was incredible, and it was that trip that I began to really fall in love with London. I saw fantastic plays, great museums and traveled a little by myself.

And then there's this year. A party last Friday, a party this Saturday and fun times today. Lunch with Carol, dessert with Viv, Craig, and maybe a new friend. And it's exactly what I want. Maybe the 25th year won't be so bad...maybe it will be the best birthday....I'm just excited to see what happens....I just know I'm excited to see what happens and ready for the next chapter to begin.

No comments: