Friday, March 11, 2005

I miss my friend Chad...

...who probably doesn't read this, but I wanted to let you all know that it's true.

See, Chad wasn't someone that I met through college or through Heartland. Chad was my Bucks boss and without a doubt, he ranks right up there with one of the best bosses I have ever had. He's the only one these days who gets what the air c is, or that reference to Ross and his teeth and how I play into that scene. He was willing to sing with me behind the bar and cry with me when I left the Bucks to come here. He knows what I look like at my best, seen me during my worst, and looked at me across the table after drinking margaritas and said perhaps it would be best for us to walk around the Plaza before driving home. And to be completely honest (something I'm realizing that I love these days), he is the last guy that overwhelmed me...and not in a bad way, but the way that as a girl you want to be overwhelmed.

He and I spoke a lot when I first moved here. And then it slowly faded. And then he moved to Seattle, and we spoke again more frequently and now it's faded. He's now the person who gets the random phone calls after a good night with the girls. I wish I could see him right now and I would love to go out to Seattle and see him in his new life, but that probably won't happen until at least August now (financially and all). But I was missing him today and wanted to let him know that...even if he doesn't read this thing. And now the entire internet community now knows that I miss him and for right now, that may be enough.

No comments: