Tuesday, April 05, 2005

The Most Random Retreat Ever!

The gospel of our meeting
I got back from the retreat on Monday morning. Thank you Dave for getting up at 4:30 am to take me to the airport! It was an amazing experience, something I am still processing...All I know is that I spent most of the time wrestling with God over answers to questions I felt I need Him to answer. It was the most beautiful site I have seen, watching a community from 5 different states come together for one reason. I saw personal light bulbs go off, freedom begin to flow through people's spirits and tears flow from eyes that finally felt emotions that were locked away. My friends, transformation began for people on this trip. I felt honored to sit in a room and watch it.
But for me, it was hard. I cried, I was tired, I was emotionally drained. I knew that if I didn't go after Nick, I wouldn't get much time with him. But we had dinner at the Tavern on Sunday night. I spilled out my past three months to him over an Amstel Light and a burger (which I felt today as I was running backwards up the hill for boot camp). He answered questions, he helped me see the light, I felt peace in my soul. Friends, it was an amazing experience and once I process it more with my small group and my inner circle, you'll know more about it.
I was fortunate enough to help Dave and Sara find their apartment...It's amazing! I laughed with old friends, made new ones and almost peed my pants at watching "The Office". I was called a cheeve (don't ask about the spelling, but the definition is basically anything you want to say); I went shopping and had Sonic...outside...in the sun...with a dog. Friends, it was the best weekend I've had in a while.
But don't get me wrong, it was the most random retreat ever, but I loved it. It was where I needed to be this weekend. If you click on the picture above, you can see photos from the weekend.
By the way, it's currently 63, sunny, and beautiful outside. I'm in a short sleeve shirt, capris and flip flops...my friends, it is fantastic!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You had to bring "cheeve" to the internet. You just had to. Now everyone will be using that word that has no derived meaning, and sounds like some painful nickname for a elementary school kid, that will cause pain for years and years. The retreat was awesome for sure, painful but in the sense of God transforming painful.....
Thanks for sharing
Love ya Megs....