Tuesday, April 26, 2005

unsolicited compliments

I appreciate when someone out of the blue says something nice about you. Even now, I have a hard time truly believing what they are saying, but I'm trying to trust that the words are sincere and true.

But yesterday was a blessing from God. I'm struggling right now, not with decisions, but with who I am and my beauty. As I was walking back from getting the walkies for ministry last night, I ran into Eric and Sharon. My friend Eric says to me (out of the blue, with no prompting from me) "hey you look really good...boot camp must be doing you well." I almost wanted to start crying then and there, but I just said thanks and told him that he had no idea how much that meant to me.

And it's true, it was a blessing to me, it was a gift from a God who wants to remind me on a daily basis that I am beautiful, that I am worthy, that in fact, I am hot stuff.

Now, if only I could begin to believe that on a daily basis...

1 comment:

Kristenanne said...

You are gorgeous!!