Sunday, April 24, 2005

What a weekend...

First of all...HAPPY BIRTHDAY VICKI AND TONI!

It was a birthday celebration weekend. Friday night we celebrated Vicki's birthday at a Mexican restaurant and then off to karoke at a local bar of Hoffman Estates. Complete fun, laughing, singing, and smiles ensued. Good times had by most and I got home at 3 am.

Saturday I had a meeting with Sheryl that I had to prepare for. The second to last one. It's so sad to think that we won't be meeting on a regular basis starting in June. Like my small group, she is the only stable thing in my life over the past three years. Just thinking about stuff like that makes me sad that my internship is ending. 40 something days left. I don't want to think about it. After we met, I treated myself to Cold Stone and a nap.

That night, I went into the city to celebrate Toni's birthday. We even got to drive past the Virgin Mary site. After a terrible dining experience at Flat Top, we then went to Irish Eyes and Deja Vu. Fantastic time at both places and met some good people there too (hello Sean and Lewis). The fun thing about Irish Eyes is that we got to sing along to songs we knew...I would got there again in a heart beat. Deja Vu was nice, but getting into the Other Room was a pain. I got home this morning at 5:30 am. I'm out of sequence, which is going to hurt tomorrow.

Today was spent sleeping in till 1 pm, and laying on the couch all day. I watched Love Actually, and I was reminded of how much I love that movie. I think a while ago I was becoming contemptuous regarding love, and considering the current struggle I am facing with my own love, I still question whether or not I'm worthy of loving. But it's movies that like that restore my faith that even people like me deserve love like that and I have faith that one day it will happen. So instead of working ahead in school this weekend, I spent it with new friends and old friends and it was exactly what my soul needed. I am beginning to believe that this whole idea of working ahead this quarter is futile, but I'm going to continue to try it. Ministry kicks off tomorrow, and I have ministry again on Friday night. It's going to be a long week...I can feel it already.

No comments: