Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Lost in my own world...

I haven't posted in ages. Not because I haven't had lots to say, but I just didn't feel like writing. My friend Cari wrote about this one day. You just don't want to write anymore. So, I've been listening to music (which by the way, I have beaten the system again! Instead of buying all the CD's I want, I just check them out from the library....ehehehe!)

Decisions are being made, people are beginning to pack, and I'm sitting here still trying to for sure land the plane on something, anything that will lead me down a path past June 12th. And I think I've made one. But I'm waiting till I meet with my mentor on Saturday before I really say anything. No worries, I know for sure that is something I'll want to process here. Stay tune for that post...it will be a doozy of one though.

We had a strategic (every time I use that word, I always think of the Bush/Gore debate from SNL in 2000) meeting with Darrien last night. I was surprised how well it went, though I feel at times people were holding back because we still don't know Darrien (even after a year), but the more I get to know him, the more I appreciate his leadership. He and I even had a good conversation afterwards...good kid, you should get to know him.

Lot's of lunch dates this week, ministry kicking off next, and doing laundry (again) at the laundry mat...what a week. But this weekend should be a blast. My friend Vicki is having a birthday party on Friday and my friend Toni is having one on Saturday. PLUS next Wednesday is Speed Dating...FINALLY! I'm actually excited about it...I can't wait to see what happens.

Otherwise, I'm going to work on more ministry stuff....but all I really want to do is take a nap. We had the best thunderstorm (with lightening) last night. Being from the Middle of America, you appreciate good rainstorms...the best are in Kansas. It's actually the few things I miss from Kansas.

No comments: