Friday, April 08, 2005

Keen (and not the band)

This is how the Sun Times website describes the weather right now and my friends, it is keen. It is amazing outside and the weather is suppose to stay nice through the weekend. I can't wait to sit outside all day tomorrow and just enjoy the beauty of the day.

In other news, I came across an article yesterday that I couldn't resist talking about today. The title of it was "Cookie Monster Advocating Eating Healthy". You have got to be kidding me. The same blue monster that taught me C was for Cookie and that's good enough for me was now going to be saying that only one cookie a day was good enough for him? I had to read on. And it's true. Instead of shoving the entire plate of cookies down his throat, the Cookie Monster was now going to advocate that a balanced meal is now the new way to go. However for those of us who have watched it when we were little, perhaps this information and change in the Cookie Monster's philosophy might be too little too late. Don't get me wrong, I love the Muppets. I'm obsessed with the Muppets and on Tuesday I walked away from a $5.50 copy of the Muppets Take Manhattan (one of the greatest movies of all time in my opinion). I believe every child should watch Seasme Street every day because it teaches you so much...like how to count to 12 with the pinball machine or how to actually get to Seasme Street where monsters are no longer scary but a friend. And now the big blue guy is changing his song? If he goes all Atkins on me, that might cross the line.

So, until then, my big blue friend, I will stick with your original story and realize that C is for cookie and that's good enough for me too...

No comments: