Thursday, February 17, 2005

what a wonderful night (but, boy, was it cold)


my friend Craig
Originally uploaded by mes9193.
First of all, let me say that I am sitting in Panera, blogging, on my new wireless computer. I've had a laptop for about 2 years now (I got it right after I moved to Chicago) and it wasn't until yesterday that I had wireless capabilities (THANK YOU DW!). So, I'm enjoying a good cup of soup, with my computer in my lap...it truly is a beautiful thing.

Last night I wondered into the city to hang out with Craig. Craig is an actor at heart and he was the star in a one-act play. There were three other plays (all one act), but his was the best. And I'm not just saying that because you know he's my friend and I love him, but it really was the best. The first one was about a relationship (decent but the writer was cocky) and the last one was about a couple that wants to eat a man (like Craig said last night, I could have written better, and that is true).

We drove into the city together...which by the way, no traffic at 4:30 pm.that was a miracle. We had dinner at the good Italian place where prior to dinner we played hangman (the local church is the hope of the world and if you have the gift of leadership then lead) and talked about funny stories that happened once at a Super Bowl party.

We walked around, but as soon as we got outside, it was freaking' cold out and all I wanted was a cup of coffee (I couldn't feel my upper lip). I drove back last night, only to miss hanging out with my friend Mike, and got home just in time to watch American Idol, taped of course.

All, in all, it was great. I really had a fantastic time with Craig, just enjoying the city and watching him in his element. It's friendship like his that make me want to stay in Chicago...

No comments: