Monday, February 28, 2005

Welcome back!

What a weekend! And because you have been dying to figure out how I spent it, I'm going to tell you in full detail.

Obviously, you all know now how Friday morning went. I'm still feeling good about it, so now it's just a waiting game between now and in two weeks. Friday afternoon, A, Bets and myself all headed up to The Grand Geneva for the Axis Retreat. It was a good time. It's weird walking into a retreat of 250 people and not knowing that many. But it was good. Friday night we had a dance party with DJ Fisher Price. Now, if you know me at all, you know I need at least 8 hours of sleep to function properly. Friday night, I got 2. I even tried to read something for Old Testament, and that didn't even put me to sleep. Saturday was filled with breakout sessions which was fun and 3 hour nap. Saturday night we had communion and some great worship...which I grieved through simply because I realized I don't know how many more sweet Axis moments I'll have. We left Sunday after a vision casting moment and I got back just in time to catch an hour nap and the Oscars. I loved it simply because I got to see some people that I really enjoy hanging out with and I made a new best friend because we both can't stand the same movie. Your fabulous call me every five minutes.

And now it's back to the grind. I have school work I need to finish this week. I started my boot camp class this morning which just left me with humiliation of being poked and measured. But at least I know now and knowing is half the battle. It looks like an overwhelming week with ministry tonight and Friday night, a conference in between and maybe a trip to the city to celebrate a friend's birthday. So, until then, I'll just sit back and try to catch up on the things I missed this weekend.

ps-pictures from the retreat tomorrow!

No comments: