Thursday, February 03, 2005

Shopping around...

I've wanted a tattoo since 1998. I originally thought I would get (brace yourself) Kermit the Frog with my sorority letters. I wasn't part of a sorority in college and now realize that both Kermit the Frog and sorority letters would have been a bad choice. Then I wanted something that screamed Christian and now realize that too would have been a bad choice. And I feel like now I have settled on something.

I want something to remind me of the transformation I have seen in my own life over the past three years. I want something that reminds me of the name that I felt the Trinity call me on a daily basis. I want something that I know is me, something I have come into full with, something that I identify with and no longer run from.

So, I think for graduation I'm going to get one. On my foot, under my flip flop line...a permanent reminder of my new name received from the Trinity.

My Beloved Daughter...in Hebrew...

No comments: