Wednesday, December 08, 2004

"in my defense, I was wearing a bikini"

Have you done stupid things and then made up the most ridiculous reasoning for it when you looked back at it the next time around? To me, it appears to happen on a regular basis. Not as regular as when I first got here, but since I have found somewhat of a filter in my mind, the amount of times that it appears to happen has gone down slightly. Something to be said for emotional health I believe.

Like the time at a good Friday when in a discombobulated state of mind I decided that my friend Craig didn't like me and the only reason he did was to hang out with my friend Viv. In this state of mind, I decided that it would be okay for me to erase his number from my phone as the ultimate "we are finished". Okay, not true at all and I know that Craig and I are friends, in fact, I've written blogs on how I enjoy his friendship (in fact, go here or here to prove my point). But that's not the reason for this post. You do stupid things from time to time. To cap this story off, I decided that I would tell him all of this last night at 12:30 am while we were walking home from the used bookstore that is open till 1 am in the city (random Sundays are back baby!). I was thinking he would find this story funny. He did not...Once again, foot in mouth syndrome returns.

But other people do this too, so I don't feel that bad. Like the story of a girl who in a drunken state of mind was trying convince my friend that the girl he might be interested in last boyfriend robbed a bank and she drove the get away car. Seriously folks, I don't care how drunk you are, but come on, there is a point in time where you think about what you said the night before and there has to be some amount of shame.

Or the other story of Ivana from The Apprentice flashed people in order to sell candy bars and her entire defense was that she was wearing a bikini. But she wasn't doing this for friends, she was doing this for a national TV show, so I don't know really why in the world she would say that, but you get what I mean.

Foot in mouth syndrome hurts...Filters people, they are totally worth it.

3 comments:

Viv M. said...

in my defense, i was wearing a bikini...

he, he, he... i wish all of you peep's in blogland would've been there with me trying to convince her not to delete that phone number... by far one of the funiest times ever...

since we're sharing foot in mouth stories... i onced criticized someone for having the messiest office ever only to find out that they had just spent the last 3 hours tiding it up... so practically, i insulted her messiness in the midst of her cleaning her ass off... not good, not good...

Kristenanne said...

what about my whole..."no, it's okay for you to stay over at our house. We're three single women." Yeah...it's the disease I first and formost believe I have. Or let's put it this way. Think BEFORE speaking.

Anonymous said...

This is the aforementioned Craig - here to correct a misinterpretation. I, in fact, DID find the story about you deleting my number quite funny - I just couldn't believe you did it. And, also, having been the recipient of the "Why don't you stay over at our house, even though we're three single women and we're asking you in front of your boss who works at a church?" comment, allow me to say that I also thought THAT was funny. I am OK with women being discombobulated and saying silly things in front of me; I guess I just have that effect.