Monday, March 27, 2006

It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.

I came across that ee cummings quote today and realized how much I love it. And as I searched for more, I found the following...I appreciate those who know exactly what I am feeling and put it into the words I cannot find...

"To be nobody-but-yourself -- in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else -- means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. "

"We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. "


No comments: