Monday, November 12, 2007

Trauma 101

Since technically I have today off, I decided to sleep in a little bit. 7:15 wasn't all that late, but it's later than the 5:30 I typically get up at during the work week.

Rowdy and I headed out on our walk so that he could get some exercise and do his business.

As we stood at the corner of Mississippi and Monaco, I felt the leash slip through my fingers and then life went into slow-motion.

Rowdy ran through 4 lanes of traffic, almost getting hit twice and then ran back to me. Brakes were slammed, tears welled up in my eyes, and for a split second I thought I was going to see the most traumatic thing ever.

Thankfully, he wasn't hit and ran right back to me. I apologized as best as I could to the cars that had stopped and a couple of people waiting to turn rolled down their windows to express that perhaps this was traumatic to them as well and to see how I was.

Rowdy acted like this had never even happened.

I'm still waiting to catch my breath.

No comments: