Saturday, November 24, 2007

So, my poll didn't tell me much

Since I seem to have trouble meeting the type of guys I want to spend time with (ie: The Republican, which I don't mean harshly, but it's the best way to describe him), I feel like the next best thing is an online dating site. I've done match before and really, it was unfruitful. I feel like all the guys on there are only after one thing, and it's definitely not what I am looking for right now.

So, I posted a poll on here. Basically, I was seeking advice from the audience to which site I should join. I had lots of choices (and surprisingly, no one chose match, which just proves my point that it isn't a real dating site, it's a "get a piece" site). Ultimately, it was that I wasn't suppose to join a site...I was suppose to stick to meeting people the old fashion way which in this day and age, I don't know if that still works. It comes down to eharmony and chemistry (match's version of eharmony).

I have no idea what I'll choose and really, I'm not going to join until after the first of the year. But after today's football game, there is a new church in Littleton that I think I need to check out because it produces some hot guys...hehe!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Having gone through eharmony, I found it's not what it was cracked up to be. Perhaps my experiences were abnormal, but it just seemed as though the thoroughness of the service leads parties to believe that a match that seems promising could be something splendid ... and when it's not, there's some fairly extreme disappointment -- sometimes with one half of the match, sometimes the other, sometimes both. Granted, I've tried just about everything ... but it seemed eharmony was actually the least successful for me. At least through the other methods, I've had relationships that lasted a few months or more.

Then again, the problem could be me ... after all, I'm posting on the blog of someone I don't know, solely because I landed here once through a Google search for "conspiracy of love" and found you had a delightfully engaging writing style.