Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007

Yesterday, I took a big step further into adulthood.

I cooked my first turkey and in all honesty, it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. And Thanksgiving ended up being a great day. Jodi, Christen, Anthony, AJ, Dave, and I had a great time eating, playing Apples to Apples and watching "While You Were Sleeping".

It's interesting looking over the last three year's and what Thanksgiving has held. The first year seemed to be a family setting, but as I reflected over it, it was just masking the truth that was there. Last year provided healing and freedom. This year was about trying something out and relaxing in my home with friends, laughing really hard, having good, stress-free conversations and enjoying what the last year has held. It actually really made me excited for the Christmas slumber party the girls and I are having for Christmas Day.

All in all, this whole adult thing is getting better...it will be interesting to see what the end of the year holds and what the next level of adultness will be.

No comments: