Monday, January 31, 2005

My first convict!

Let me tell you a little about my weekend...because I know you are waiting with baited breathe to figure out how I spent my weekend.

Friday: I finally finished and turned in my statement on Friday morning. Praise it! All 12 of us went out to dinner on Friday night to Old Chicago. An individual pizza (with mushrooms, peppers and olives), 3 Boulevard Wheats and three games of text twist later, we headed back to the hotel and hung out. So fun.

Saturday, I ran some errands and then spent the day relaxing, watching tv and not feeling guilty about not working on Old Testament school work. I spent all last week working on the Statement of Faith, so I deserved to play. My best friend from high school called and asked if I wanted to hang out that night. Christina and I have been friends since 1994, when I showed up with a teal purse in middle school and we've were friends since. Of course we've gone through our own ups and downs and we don't talk as much as we use to, but she is still a good friend. We ended up down around the Xcel Energy center, having dinner at McGovern's and then spending some time at this great Irish bar with good live music. We had a great time...I got home, hung out with the girls where I tried to say I had my first convert to Radius and in turn I said my first convict. A phone call to Nicky , Viv and Cookie (to wish them a happy birthday) and Chad (I think I left you a message, I just don't know if I did) later, I finally went to bed. Silly fuddled state!

Sunday was spent having lunch with Ryan and Erik at BW3's and reading for Old Testament. I took a great nap, listened to my iPod, and watched Extreme Makeover: Home Edition and Desperate Housewives (if only I didn't have church on Sunday nights...I really need TIVO).

I'm hesitant about this class, I'm nervous about my professor, but my favorite Brit is back so that out weighs everything else. My last week of my last intensive. Think about that one for a while...if you are like me, it will be a swirl of emotions.

No comments: