Monday, January 01, 2007

And a happy new year to you...

2007...I can't believe it. But if last night was any indication on the new year will be, I'm pretty damn excited about it.

A few friends and I spent the evening at Jen's apartment, eating good food, laughing, listening to music. I thought it was the perfect way to spend the evening. But the most beautiful thing about the evening wasn't the music or the food, it was the fact that everyone had a deep, intimate conversation. Not all of us together, but a lot of one-on-ones, and it was beautiful. To sit in a room and be known, it was what I imagined life could be like.

Today has been a wasted day. I had intended on going into the office to get some work done (I feel behind) but then I realized I much rather just work late tomorrow then go in today. Again, it's a 4 day week...It's been a while since I've actually worked all 5 days (thanks to the snow, and the major cold I had).

And tonight I'm off to see this movie...and then tomorrow back to the daily grind...I'm actually really ready to be back at work, I just wish I knew what work held.

No comments: