Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Living in Colorado has its advantages

One of those being the fact that random people visit here. People you haven't seen in years, all of the sudden realize you are in Colorado and want to see you.

Case in point is Wes. Wes and I met in high school, through Ichthus at my church. Wes was my homecoming date my sophomore year and a great friend there after. Wes and I took many different trips together (this includes driving from KC to Mexico and multiple ski trips to Colorado).

I don't think I've seen Wes since 1999. I believe the last time I saw him, he was trying to convince me to stay at the above mentioned church when I was really ready to leave. I could be wrong about that.

Wes is in town on business and tonight we are getting together for a drink. I'm not really nervous, but I'm a little interested to see where 9 years has brought us. And what the hell will we talk about (I know, the typical, what are you doing with your life, why are you in Denver, etc)?

So, here's to starting the year off with random friends...and to whatever that brings with it.

No comments: