Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Thanksgiving

It is reasons like this that I miss Kansas City at Thanksgiving. Bundling up, going to the Plaza, standing in the midst of people who came to one location to watch one person flip a switch to see the first outdoor mall be lit.

and I'm serious. I miss grabbing a group of friends and watching it happen. I miss the slight chance of running into someone I once knew and saying hi to them. But I am grateful for Denver, the friends I've made here, and the place that is slowly becoming home. Even in the midst of pain this summer, there was no place else I'd rather be. So, as I think of all the things I'm grateful for, like my friends, my family, my job, the apartment I have, for laughing hard and crying harder, for beautiful days like today (it was 68 people), for the mountains, for the Trinity, for leaving and realizing all you had, and for coming and realizing all you needed, I wish you and yours the most wonderful holiday weekend.

And please, someone enjoy the lighting ceremony for me.

No comments: