Monday, August 27, 2007

A House Divided



This Saturday, college football starts. Which means fall unofficially starts on Saturday. However, this Saturday, something greater is happening in the world.

Instead of your typical pansy-ass game that K-State starts with, we are starting with a true challenge. Kansas State will play in the 6:45 ESPN game versus Auburn.

This game also holds familial significance as well. My sister and brother-in-law graduated from Auburn. I graduated from K-State. This is a house divided game. We bought my dad 2 "dad" shirts, one from Auburn, one from K-State and my sister put them together. This way, he doesn't have to decide which team is better (though, I fully know he believes K-State is the better team).

So, in 4 days, I'm flying to Atlanta so that Saturday we all can go watch the game live and proud, celebrating a house divided.

GO CATS!!

No comments: