Thursday, December 21, 2006

An unexpected snow day...

We were all sent home today at noon because of the blizzard. I took Mark back to his house and then I made my way to Safeway and to 7-11. Why? Why not just go home? I had no food in my refrigerator. My fridge had 1 britta pitcher, 2 cherry cokes, and 12 beers. Which wouldn't be a bad thing considering that I am leaving on Friday to go back to KC and then when I get back, I'm house sitting for 12 days. So, why go to the store if I didn't need to? This was before I had to go home. I went to Safeway, realizing that I would need food since there was no way in hell I was going out once I got home. Plus I needed gas. I wasn't going to leave my car with 1/4 of a tank of gas in the midst of the 2006 blizzard.

Once I got home, I changed into my comfy clothes. I made lunch and then turned on the TV. I watched last week's "The Office" and "Scrubs". I rested, read the paper, and listened to music. I made brownies, took out the trash, and currently, I'm watching "The Blues Brothers". Now, this doesn't feel like the worst day ever, but I'm slowly getting cabin fever. I use to have days like this back in Chicago where I could just lounge. How in 2 years things have changed. I'm slowly getting restless. I wish my internet was back so I could surf the web and just play around. I wish I had neighbors who didn't hog their internet. Now, if the office remains closed tomorrow, I have no idea what I am going to do. I might wander over to Panera. Get some soup and steal their internet. But they might not be open. Everything is closing or is closed.

Colorado Mills -- Closed
City of Fort Lipton -- Closed (how does a city close down?!)
Dumb Friends League -- Closed
Great West Life Insurance and Annuity -- Closed

And I love that the national news is reporting on this blizzard. OH MY GOSH! IT'S SNOWING IN DENVER...A LOT OF SNOW! FREAK OUT NOW!

So, who knows what tomorrow will hold. But thankfully, I'm safe and sound and nothing is wrong with me...except for this damn cabin fever.

On a side note, my friend J was suppose to leave today to fly back to Chicago. Unfortunately, that didn't happen, which made me worry about my flights on Friday. Hopefully I should get out and get back to KC.

No comments: