Friday, December 01, 2006

to Kenya I will go

Imagine one of your greatest dreams...to be a world traveler, to invent something extraordinary, to make a difference.

Now imagine if it could come true...

For me, my dreams are about to become my reality. About 2 months ago, my friend Bri told me about how she would be able to get back to Kenya this next summer. She told me about what she would be doing there. She told me that I should look into it. Of course I've always wanted to go, to see something bigger than myself.

However, my first response to her was no. There was no way I could go. How would I do it financially, relationally, work-wise? For me, in major decisions, I turn to fear first and then realize what is and is not possible.

So Bri sent me the website. And I looked, and what I found was something I couldn't pass up.

So, from July 5-26, 2007 I, too, will be going to Kenya. For the first part of the trip, I'll be working with Mother Teresa's Missionaries of Charity, which consist of a school and a residential home for over 150 abandoned or orphaned women and children. The second part will be with Villa Teag Children's Center which consist of a school and residential facility for children who no longer have parents to care for them. The last part of my trip will include a safari and rest to re-enter a world that I probably won't recognize.

My trip site is up and is there to help you, and possibly help me. Here you can find more about my process of going, here how I am prepping and what it's like upon my return. You can also help me realize my dream. In order for me to go, I need to raise $5,000 (which includes everything from my flights to my food).

Please consider giving...help make my dreams a reality

No comments: