Saturday, June 25, 2005

Remember why you are here

This is what my web fortune cookie told me today.

It couldn't be more appropriate for me to hear right now.

Things are going. Not extremely bad, nor are they out of the world, but they are going.

There are times when I am confused, times when I am scared, times when I realize what I am doing and need to stop. Shame is not as prevalent in my life as it once was, but there are moments when I am staring into the distance and Jared knows what I am thinking and what I need to hear in those moments.

I worked three days 9-6 and thought I was going to die. I applied for two jobs at the university of Denver today...I really want one of them.

So...Why am I here?

To grow

To be transformed

To be around a community of people who love me

To understand that my community in Chicago, Kansas City and around the world doesn't end because I have moved.

To simply just be.

To learn from the mistakes I make.

To make new mistakes and realize the growth I do have.

To reconnect with parts of my soul

And to find new parts as well.

But, there are times when I am lonely, scared, confused, happy, joyful and bewildered all at the same time.

And I have nothing to cling to but the Trinity, and that is making the world of difference.

1 comment:

Kristenanne said...

thanks for the little reminder this morning.
grab ahold tightly...for life!