Tuesday, June 07, 2005

racers take your mark...

Today I leave for Lake Geneva with my small group from the past three years for one last party...to have closure...to play some mean sand volleyball, with prophetic feelings of course...to simply breathe with these 7 people I cannot imagine my life without.

I get back on Thursday. I'll need to put the finishing touches on my paper, get my tires rotated and balanced, get some cleaning supplies, get my car washed, finish packing, pack for graduation...and that's all on Thursday.

I leave Friday morning at 6:15 with the Millers to drive to St. Paul. Perhaps I'll have some time to myself in my room to take a nap. Communion that night, dinner with the parents, graduation on Saturday, party Saturday night, return to Chicago on Sunday.

Load the van on Monday, probably now leave on Monday. Drive to Des Moines. Drive to Manhattan (Kansas) on Tuesday. Drive to Denver by Wednesday. Unload. Transfer my DL, registration on my car, and change my phone number on Thursday. Unpack fully by Friday. Take my parents to the airport on Saturday. Breakdown Saturday afternoon into Sunday (seriously, it's on the calendar).

So, if I don't post, please see above reasons. If I crash and burn sooner, please see above reasons. But until I post again, please see what my beautiful web fortune cookie said today:


You aspire to be a Viking.

2 comments:

BigcatJared said...

Vikings are good, big travelers....

Well GL and I can't wait to see you, I hope it all comes together like you wrote....

J

Kristenanne said...

I love you. you make me giggle. wonderful seeing you at the BPL yesterday. It'll have to be the DPL from now on. so, enjoy this weekend as much as you can, if you need anything, please don't hesitate to call. I'm here. traveling mercies and congrats on graduation!