Friday, October 05, 2007

The reality of Kenya




My friend Bri recently sent me this article regarding the dump in Dandora.


And this is the reality of what I saw while I was there.


They aren't storks, they are pterodactyls. The site of a school next door is overwhelming because you hear the children laughing over playing together and then you see the site of what they are playing next to. To think that my friends lived next door to this and survived is amazing to me.



This is the reality of Nairobi. This is what needs help. This is affecting the communities that are near by. The government, both Kenyan and world wide governments, need to figure out a solution to this problem. Because it's dumb to think it's only affecting Kenya, it's happening in all developing countries. And it's changing people's lives.


I just wish I knew how to fix the problem. Because I can't imagine what this problem is going to be like in 50 years.

No comments: