Monday, October 30, 2006

to realize how small the world is

It's freezing in Denver. Well, not right now, not in this moment, but it's going to be freezing tonight.

And as the cold front blew in this afternoon, I decided that the staple of Panera would be the best option for lunch. I walked in, knew what I wanted and ordered my lunch...

However, this is when I realized how small the world was...

I saw one of our clients sitting with 3 other people. I waved, he waved and I thought nothing of it. As he was walking out, I noticed the 4th person at his table. Man, that guy looks so familiar. How did I recognize him?

And then it hit me...for my senior homecoming, I went with my friend Mike. We went retro and had the best time. We went to a malt shop for dinner and just laughed.

That's right, 8 years later, my high school homecoming date is living in Denver, working for our client, 2 blocks from my office.

Supposedly, they are going to bring him...I kinda hope it's tomorrow...It's my hope to rebuild the wonderful friendship I once I had with him...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A girl after my own heart! I have been craving Panera like crazy...
sw