Saturday, September 09, 2006

Don't you remember the JC Penny's Catalog?

In the mail today, I received a mini catalog from JC Penny's. I don't shop at Penny's, I have no idea how I ended up on their mailing list.

But as I was reading through it, I realized that one of my favorite memories from my childhood is going to my grandparents house and flipping through the catalog...the BIG catalog.

I would pick out furniture, clothing, toys, everything I wanted when I was older. I felt like I could live in my dream world through that catalog. Laying on the floor, while my grandparents watched their soaps (different from the soaps I watched at the pool a couple of weeks ago), I was able to dream about what I could be like.

I miss those moments of just being a kid where everything was simpler, easier, less complicated.



By the way, the reason I'm home tonight, posting at 8:14 pm isn't because I couldn't go out, I was choosing to stay home in light of my race tomorrow. One more day for you to sponsor me: http://AIDSWalkandRunColorado.kintera.org/mes9193

No comments: