Tuesday, October 26, 2004

to brighten my day

A good friend of mine sent me this email today:
here's the quote that's been on my mind...
"oh my god, danny devito, i love your work!!"
hope you're having a good day!!

Nothing more, nothing less, and it was the best thing I could have received in my inbox today. Unlike my friend Heather (www.dooce.com who, let's be honest, has never met me but I know that if we did meet we would be great friends) who receives mean emails in her inbox on a regular basis, I tend to get only good ones and the occasional spam.

I get emails from friends and family members, jokes, pictures of my best friend's adorable child, and information from united and american about flights I can't take right now. And I do want to get away. I want to get some space from all the drama that is happening right now, lay on a beach like I did last year in Puerto Rico and simply sleep the day away as I listen to the ocean crash up against the shore.

I know fleeing won't cure anything, in fact, I know that the drama will still be here when I get back, but I feel like I need a break.

And it's not bad drama, it's just drama and I wish it would end because I don't know how much more self-realization I can handle.

Until then, I go to Carthage College (www.carthage.edu) tomorrow to visit a girl that is awesome and as an 18 year old, I truly believe on the transformational journey. I can't wait!

So, in order to brighten your day, I leave you with this quote:
"I ought cancel your Spring Fling. Now, I'm not gonna do that because we've already paid the DJ. "

No comments: