Thursday, September 09, 2004

Thursday night...Still Must See TV?

If you know anything about me, you know that Thursday nights are my night to watch tv.

For multiple hours.

I have been known in the past to watch from 6 pm till 10:30 pm and if you are lucky, I'll stay up till 11:30 just to watch a bit more. However, that all changed last May.

On May 9, 2004, my life changed and a part of me died. Well, that's a little over dramatic (which I know I enjoy being from time to time), but it's true. After 10 years of faithfully devoting myself to Thursday nights at 7 pm, "Friends" finally ended. I felt a little like my soul was ending and I needed to say good bye to six of my closest friends. It was sad (in fact the whole month of May was sad, but that's for a different post). I knew I still had "Will and Grace", "ER" and "The Apprentice" to watch, but it wouldn't be the same.

Now tonight, I watched "Joey". I laughed, I almost cried, and I realized that my Thursday nights will no longer be the same. It's still the same Joey that I grew to love after 10 years, but I'm still waiting for Monica or Ross to enter the picture. I'm still waiting for the coffee shop to appear in a scene, and I'm still waiting for a chick and a duck to enter the picture. Which by the way, where did they go since Chandelor gave them to Joey because of the twins???

Thursday nights will still be my night to watch thousands of hours of tv, but with "The OC" moving to Thursday nights, will I still be dedicated to NBC, or will my VCR become used more often than it is right now? I really do think "Joey" has a shot to make it, like my friend Kochie said, it will just require people to realize that it isn't the same. I just don't know if I'm ready to accept this change quite yet...

1 comment:

Lightheaded said...

Man, your friend Kochie is pretty intelligent. Hang on to her!r!