Wednesday, April 12, 2006

If I could turn back time....

I had a friend overhear their neighbor recently singing that one line in the shower yesterday. I couldn't resist putting it on the blog. However, the identity of both the singer and the listener will remain anonymous.

This weekend, because so many of you have asked, was good overall. There were moments of people moving towards people they haven't in a while. There were moments to escape with God and simply just be. There was a moment of driving through Este Park and having all the windows down singing at the top of our lungs "Bohemian Rhapsody" (and by the way, we sounded much better than Kellie Pickler did last night on Idol). But the beauty of the weekend for me was the moment I sat with God and asked for the one thing I needed to do. I was ready and willing to hear anything...what I heard was so gentle, so sweet I knew it was exactly what I needed. What I heard was that I needed to be content. While the last 10 months have been difficult, I have been blessed by new friendships and old ones. I've been blessed by having people speak into my life who I didn't know a year ago and who I want to do life with. God simply asked, not in a contemptuous way or a shaming way, but simply could I be content with the relationships that have been given to me and live with those? We would get to the other stuff, the pain, the lack of knowing eventually, but could I sit with the 8 people who have moved toward me and I love to spend time with? The answer was yes...

In the midst of all of this, I caught some damn cold that is kicking my tail. I hate being sick. I hate the fact that I can't breathe at night or that my ear feels like it's about to pop when I blow my nose. I know standing out in the rain probably didn't help, but it's killing me softly.

And this week is looking good. VH1 brought back an awesome show (Tuesdays 8/7 c), you should check it out. Vivian and I are bringing back Good Fridays to Denver and Sheralee talked me into Easter Sunrise services on Sunday...and until then, I'll keep sitting with this Oscar Wilde quote:

"Who, being loved, is poor?"

amen...

No comments: