Tuesday, December 13, 2005

oh what a night...

So last night, I went to a free concert here in Denver (I also realized that all the concerts I've been to in Denver have been for free, but that's another blog story). And it was great. Goo Goo Dolls, Better than Ezra, Howie Day, and Anna Nalick for FREE!!!

It's a story that is inappropriate to share on the internet on how I actually got to go (sticking to Dooce's rules about not talking about work on the blog), but I went and it was exactly what I needed. I began to think about why I love to go to concerts. Is it because it's seems like a community? People uniting for one thing that they love (or tolerate). Is it the energy, the force of excitement that someone feels when their words are being screamed back at them? Is it my desire for me to be in the same light? I don't know, but I love going to concerts. It was amazing and for free...you can't beat that.

I met these amazing guys one of which invited me skiing with him and his boyfriend sometime. We are going to try to grab drinks at some point. Ahh, the gay boy connection continues in Denver (Hi Eric and Darren!).

And I talked to a male stripper, but that's a different story all together.

Anyways, it pays to listen to the radio...Thank you Alice 105.9 for a great way to kick off the week.

On a complete side note, the Golden Globe nominations came out, and I would like to congratulate the following person on his nomination and to say that if he needs a date (you know that if Mandy can't be there), I would be more than happy to fill in.

No comments: