Thursday, August 04, 2005

My inner-grandma is coming out

In my junior year of college, my good friend Kelly and I realized we were becoming grandmas. We went to bed early, I set a bed time for myself, she started to play bingo...it was all very sad for a 21 year old.

My friend Cari often speaks of her inner-grandma coming out, which is refreshing from time to time. I thought mine had begun to die, considering the last three years of my life (see any entry on Bethel) and my current life here in Denver. However, last night she reappeared out of no where.

My intentions since I began working was to go to bed and get an adequate amount of sleep (8 hours)...Unfortunately, that has never happened. 6-7 hours is what I have been getting. Last night though, I was tired after dinner with Vivian so I went home and watched the end of Sex and the City. At 9:30 pm, I went to bed. By 9:45, the light was off and I was drifting off to sleep. I was up by 6:30 this morning....9 hours! YES!!

So inner-grandma...thank you for getting my tail to bed...I needed it.

No comments: