Thursday, August 05, 2004

Something I am still processing...

Yesterday, I saw Fahrenheit 9/11, the provocative documentary by Michael Moore. Whether you agree with Bush or not, you should definitely see this movie. Waiting for it to come out on DVD would be fine, but I was fortunate enough to see it at the $5 movie theater here in the suburbs. So what, you may ask, did I think of it?

Well, I need to remember that it is only one side of the story. I walked into the theater almost 90% sure I was going to vote against Bush in November. That's something I have been debating with since probably the end of April. I just didn't know if I could put him back in the directors chair again. But now, I don't know if I could vote for either Bush or Kerry. If the connections are true, and the ties run that deep, then no one deserves to have that seat. I definitely don't think I could do any better, but the idea of someone, anyone, plotting in such a way...yikes...

I did, however, walk away with a greater respect of the military system we have established here in the states. I am proud to support them and the work they are doing. I may not agree that it is necessary, but I support the men and women who have left their families because it is part of their job. My family has a huge background in the military (with my grandfather in World War II and my cousin in the first Gulf War, both my uncles and my father in the National Guard, as well as my brother in the National Guard), so I feel like I should thank them for the service they have done because I know that I could never do it.

So, if you read this and don't agree with me, that's fine, I don't know if I agree with everything that Moore placed in his movie. I almost want to see it again. As for November, I'm still deciding to vote. I know I won't vote for Bush, but I don't know if I'll even vote.

No comments: