There comes a point in your life when you’re officially an adult. Suddenly, you’re old enough to vote, drink, and engage in other adult activities. Suddenly, people expect you to be responsible, serious… a grown up. We get taller, we get older. But do we ever really grow up? -Meredith, Grey’s Anatomy
I don't think I need to recap how 2009 was. If you need a reflection, see either this entry or this entry or this entry. I've never been so ready for a year to end. And yes, I know I will be stronger because of this year (when God shuts a door, he opens a window...so there is something to jump out of). I'm just going to embrace 2010 and see where it takes me...
Seeing how we have 73 days left till my 30th, I'm trying to make 2010 a year that reflects accomplishments. I'm attempting to live within my means, take myself seriously, and know that I will welcome 30 with an open hug as opposed to a swift kick in the ass.
So, I wrote out 15 things I want to accomplish this year. They might seem small, but to me they are big things.
I do need to figure out the last three. I'm taking suggestions, please help!
15 things to accomplish in my 30th year.
1. Lose 30 pounds by my 30th Birthday
2. Live within a budget for 12 months
3. Go on a vacation
4. Read at least 1 book a month
5. Take a class on a new skill
6. For 1 month put laundry away right away after they are washed and folded
7. Pick up a new sport (I'm considering tennis)
8. Turn off the tv for a month
9. Schedule a trip with my best friend (perhaps 3 and 9 can go together)
10. Climb a 14'ner next summer
11. Finally get my tattoo.
15. Come to realize that where I thought I would be when I turned 30 and where I am is okay and where am I suppose to be