Sunday, April 08, 2007

Easter time again...

As a young child, thankfully, I never walked in on my parents. While I know some of my friends have, my eyes were never exposed to that.

What does this have to do with Easter? I think last year's Easter could be described as a similar feeling.

When I climbed the fire escape to join some people, I walked into a room where I didn't belong. The entire room felt as if I was the odd man out. I was out of place and realized that I wasn't suppose to be, much what I suppose it feels like to walk in on your parents.

I think it was in that moment I realized what was actually going on within the community I had supposedly joined. I realized it was over. While I had feelings of what might be going on for a while, it was last Easter that truly solidify what I had been feeling.

This Easter is different. I'm spending the morning doing laundry, cleaning my house, and getting ready for church tonight. I'm having dinner with friends and then going to the mansion to house sit for the next two weeks.

I'm hoping this Easter can redeem the failure that last Easter was because the icky feeling that comes with remembering needs to be removed.

No comments: