Tuesday, October 06, 2009

An update on, well, life

Here's the thing about life, in case you forgot. Life never stops. People always want it to, in fact, I often wish life would stop just so I can catch up. But wishing life would stop prevents life from doing what it is called to do...move on. Making the hard decisions are never easy...that's why they call them hard decisions.

In a recent turn of events, after posting this, I actually got the courage to say the words aloud. That night as I tried to sleep, I couldn't believe how proud I was of myself. I finally put myself first and it felt great.

Which made me think of other areas I deserve to be first in. That means I've ramped up my job searching, taken some other strides personally, and have decided that right now, I'm number 1 in my book.

I've needed to do this for a while now. But the pressure of everything else has hindered my development. Hence, the wishing life would stop. But how can I move on if life is in a constant pause state? That doesn't mean I don't have down days. That doesn't mean I'm not overwhelmed by the situation I'm in and how I desperately wish it was different. But it's remembering to take the good with the bad, the in with the out and hopefully moving up in a better position.

Who would have thought, telling one person the words I've needed to say, would have pushed me so hard to be true to myself?

No comments: