Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all. -- Harriet Van Horne

I've had a friend ask me a question recently about my cooking. Not that I do it, but why all of the sudden with all the new recipes.

I've tried some that work, some that need to be added to every one's repertoire, and some that I'm too afraid to try.

Here's why I am doing it...I'm choosing not to eat out as much and since I am not, I need to find some items to make it feel like I am eating out. And really, I needed to move beyond the fajitas, killer meatloaf and baked ziti I have mastered.

So, I am trying new things. Keeping my options open and reminding myself that this can be a learning experience, not only about what I am capable of doing within the kitchen, but that it can be applied to life.

Perhaps there are other risks I need to be taking.

No comments: