Saturday, June 02, 2007

the week in review

Last Saturday, I flew to Washington DC to visit my best friend and her family. They have been living in Virgina while her husband finished up FBI training (I know, I still think it's cool and dangerous every time I think about it).

However getting there was a story in and of itself. I missed my flight on Saturday morning, and so I didn't get into DC until 11:00 pm that night. I had one full day with them, and while it was shorter than I would have hoped or liked, it still did so much good for my soul because I loved being with them.

Once I got back I had a busy week between work and family dinners. We celebrated individual accomplishments and just enjoyed each others company. I had an event that lasted all day on Thursday which made me exhausted.

Thursday night, I went to see Wicked with a co-worker. Well, it was suppose to be Thursday, but the tickets were actually for Tuesday night. Thanks to great customer service, we were able to see the show. I really do love that musical.

On Friday night, I went to see Mason Jennings with my friend Christen and her friend Beth up in Boulder. After enjoying some Illegal Pete's (mmm...Illegal Pete's), we went to the show. It was so packed, but we had met one of the security guys at Pete's so we convinced him to let us upstairs to the VIP lounge. Once we got up there, not only was the view good, it was much cooler. Unfortunately, the show wasn't all that great.

After leaving the show, we decided to track down Jon Benet Ramsey's house because, well it's Boulder and who hasn't wondered where it is. After finding it and being scared out of our mind, we drove back home.

All in all, it was a good week. I spent today cleaning my house and taking a nap, which means tomorrow I get to go shoe shopping. I needed this weekend to recover from this week.

Oh, and I leave for Kenya in 32 days...yeah, I freak out every time I think about it too.

No comments: